The station was opened in 1848 on a new piece of railway between Bury and Bolton by the fledgling Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway. It remained 'fossilised' for the rest of its days, retaining its coal fires, gas-lights and other features until its closure.
No EXIF information is available
Categories & Keywords
Keywords:1848, black lane, bolton, buildings, bury, l & y, lancashire, lancashire and yorkshire railway, radcliffe, railways, stations, victorians