The Ulverston Ship Canal runs in a straight line for about a mile from the sea to Ulverston Canal Head. It was built as a ship canal not for modern ships but 18th century ships. Built under an act of Parliament in 1793 it was completed in 1796, closing to traffic in 1945.
No EXIF information is available
Categories & Keywords
Keywords:canals, canals, cumbria, lake district, lancashire, ships, ulverston"ship