Visitors 24


« Previous Next »
13 of 64 photos

HRS 678 Great Orme Lighthouse

"The Lighthouse was constructed in 1862 by the Mersey Docks and Harbour Company who, with great attention to detail, built a fortress like building using dressed limestone and vast bulks of Canadian pitch pine.
The beacon remained a continuous warning to mariners until March 22nd 1985 when the optic was removed. It can now be viewed at the Visitor Centre on the summit of the Great Orme." The Lighthouse is now offers high-quality accommodation with a fantastic seascape. For further details including accommodation SEE http://www.lighthouse-llandudno.co.uk/frame.htm
No EXIF information is available

Categories & Keywords
Category:
Subcategory:
Subcategory Detail:
Keywords:1862, accommodation, carboniferous limestone, conwy, cymru, geology, great orme, lighthouses, limestone, llandudno, mersey docks and harbour board, rocks, seascapes, victorians, wales

HRS 678 Great Orme Lighthouse